Diabetes Youth New Zealand (DYNZ) is a charity that was established specifically for young people with diabetes up to the age of 25. The focus of DYNZ is on support and education for the whole family/whanau.
DYNZ, through the roles of advocacy, support, lobbying, fundraising and the provision of educational resources, is committed to promoting the principals of good health and well-being of all young people with Diabetes and their families.
Ensuring that every young New Zealander and their family affected by diabetes:
- Does not feel alone – but instead part of a community who understands what they’re going through, and can offer support when they need it
- Becomes confident in their ability to manage their condition, at whatever stage they’re at
- Is able to get the most out of their medical teams, equipment/treatment, funding and other services
- Has a voice at local, regional and national level in the areas of government and health services where it matters
- Has access to a range of camps and other events that provide support, education and ultimately build confidence and ability to master Diabetes.